WaterMelon Mojito



                                When I was a kid, summers was vacation time and I used to be touring all my aunties and uncles house having a gala time with my bestest cousins.. Lots of great memories. One such memory is of my uncle cutting out slices of watermelon and seeding them and giving it to all of us. We used to sit surrounding him and wait for our turn to bite into a large slice of watermelon. It used to be a messy affair. All the faces used to get sticky. But that’s the best way to eat watermelon, start from one end and go all the way to other end of the slice.. Now we all have grown up but my uncle who is now grandfather to our kids still does it for them.. Whenever we get watermelons, I eat atleast one whole slice.


Nowadays I am trying my hand at watermelon caving.. this is my First attempt which needs loads of improvement... After i was done with craving, Neil got up from sleep and had nice snack of watermelon flowers.


                            Its really HOOOOooooot in Bangalore.. So we make it a point to have some fresh juice daily. Neil also loves “jussh”. So have to make something special for him. Since I had a nice big watermelon sitting in the house, decided to make Watermelon Mojito .
    
                Watermelon mojito is adapted from the refreshing Cuban cocktail which has lemon, mint, sugar, soda and rum… I made this version non alcoholic and used watermelon juice instead of soda…
Ingredients:
  • 200 ml watermelon juice
  • 3-4 mint leaves
  • 2-3 lemon slices
  • Sugar (to taste)
  • A pinch of rock salt

Method:
In a large glass, crush the mint, sugar and lemon slices. Its called muddling.. Just muddle enough to get the minty extract of the leaves, don’t crush them completely. Add cool watermelon juice and stir well.
You could add lots of ice
One more interesting way would be to freeze watermelon pieces and then make slushly mojito.

Neil was so tempted by the watermelon and grape garnish that he immediately got hold of it as soon as I clicked pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cashew Coffee Cake

Masala paneer wheels

Mango Masti